Monday, February 1, 2010

Next Year I'll Do the Whole Tree

In December, I posted pics of the bracelet I made for my sister for Christmas. (She really seemed to like it, by the way).  Here is a photo of the leaf brooch I made for my mother for Christmas.  I traced a real oak leaf (it was tiny) onto ultrasuede, beaded the middle vein with back stitch, and then filled in along the vein with picot stitch in a variety of colors.  I then finished the lobes of the leaf with more backstitch, in a variety of colors.  The hardest part was finishing the piece, because I had to stitch the edging beads in some tight places between the lobes of the leaf.  I feel pretty good about the outcome, and Mom loves it.

3 comments:

  1. turned out great, and i love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I's splendid!!! How large is it? Did you mostly use size 15 beads?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's about 2 1/2 inches long, Robin. I used some 15s, but the majority are 11s. I just can't see the 15s well enough these days!

    ReplyDelete