Friday, October 16, 2009

Hairy, Hairy Krishna



Here's another favorite doll from the cobwebs of my computer files.



His name is Hairy Krishna, based on the Hindu god.  He looks wise and compassionate, which is how I picture Krishna, and Krishna (among other Hindu gods) is often depicted with blue skin.  And of course the Hairy part is obvious.  He's one of my favorite creations.







Here's a close-up of his face and upper body:




The beading along his sides was a labor intensive project, as was his hair. His face is made as a mask, which fits over a head shaped out of polymer clay.  I drilled many, many holes in his head, took bundles of raffia and glued them into the holes, then laboriously combed through the raffia to make it finer in texture and make it stand out like it does.  It was a fun project and I'm really fond of this doll.


Favorite Bead of the Day (BOTD): This beauty on Etsy by Glass Addictions.  Too beautiful.  Feel free if you want to buy it for me. It's called Patterned Snakeskin Smooshed Focal Bead, but it looks like pure water to me.









1 comment:

  1. Wow! What an awesome surprise! Thank you so much for selecting my bead for your bead of the day!

    ReplyDelete