Thursday, October 22, 2009

Works in Progress

I've been doing a lot of bead embroidery lately and have several works in progress.  At left is a doll I've been working on for about a month.  She will be a long term project, as I plan to cover the body entirely with beads.  So far about one-quarter finished.  She is symbolic of  the process of turning 50, rebirthing, and making a decision to change direction in my life.



 












Meanwhile, I'm working on a bracelet, shown below.  It's the second one I've done of this type.  The first didn't turn out as well as I would have liked, so hopefully I've learned from my errors on that one and this will be better.  It features an Olivene Swarovski Rivoli in the center, as well as other Swarovski crystals and Czech pressed glass beads.  I will eventually cut it out around the marked line and attach it to a metal cuff.





That's all for today, folks.  See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment