Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hidden Juiciness


Well, I was lamenting not having photos to share with you, dear reader, when I remembered a whole bunch of photos of work I've done that were just lurking around in the dustier corners of my computer.  Here's one of a doll I did last spring titled Our Lady of Slumber:


She has wet-felted and beaded hair, and her arms are rows of beads.  I found her a comforting doll to work with.  Her body is soft, but she is weighted at the base with shot so she can stand on her own.

















Here is a doll I call "Call to Yemanja".  She is a tribute to the Yoruban orisha Yemanja, who is a mother goddess and protector of women.  I originally had no name for this doll until a friend who saw her exclaimed "Yemanja, Yemanja!" upon seeing her.  Well, the name stuck.  Her button says "Sing", and that thing by her side, if you haven't figured it out, is a drum.  It's a bit heavy - she tends to tilt to the left.  Kinda like me.


See you soon, gentle reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment