Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Treasure Hunt at the Trove

There's a wonderful fabric and bead store in Cincinnati, Ohio that is going out of business.  St. Theresa Textile Trove is a delightful nook that seems to have been around forever.  You can get some of the most unusual beads, buttons, and fabrics from around the world there.  It is about an hour's drive from my home, so a friend and I made a trip down there yesterday to say goodbye and take advantage of the deeply discounted treasures there.

I caught lots of fish (10, count 'em):




I found some really nice milagros:

















And also four very nice buttons:




















Of course, there had to be at least one silly over-sized charm and a whole mess of other beads, cabochons, and other trinkets:
















 

It was a fun day.

2 comments:

  1. How sad to learn that St. Therese's Textile Trove is going out of business! I've never had the opportunity to visit there but I've had glimpses of the wonderful treasures they've carried. It would have been a favorite stop for me, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I will miss it, even though I don't often have the opportunity to visit there. They have such an unusual collection of fabrics and beads, things that aren't often available here in Ohio. It's really a shame.

    ReplyDelete